Become a Lanco FCU Credit Union Volunteer
Members can get involved
Members like you are volunteering to support the credit union difference
Lanco FCU members play an important role in the oversight of the credit union. The credit union’s Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee are comprised of member-volunteers, who serve to help ensure the credit union is operating in the best interest of its membership and staying true to its mission.
What makes a credit union different than a bank?
The big difference between banks and credit unions is what happens to the income generated when you borrow or save. Banks are for-profit, which means the bank’s leadership is charged with maximizing income from its customers and passing those earnings to the bank’s shareholders. In contrast, credit unions are not-for-profit. This means when the credit union earns income from its members, the credit union’s leadership is accountable for passing those earnings back to its members.
What do credit union volunteers do?
You can be confident the credit union’s leadership is living up to its mission thanks to members, just like you, who serve voluntarily on the credit union’s Board of Directors or Supervisory Committee. These two governing bodies make sure your credit union is operated securely, and in conjunction with Lanco FCU’s management team, they help to shape the vision for how the credit union can best benefit its members.
Who is eligible to volunteer?
Individuals meeting the following criteria are eligible for candidacy:
- Must be at least 18 years of
- Must be a member of Lanco FCU
- Must not be a family member or significant other of any Lanco FCU employee or volunteer.
- Must have no financial obligation with any institution, company or agency extending credit, which is or has been delinquent more than two consecutive monthly payments at any time during the past four years and have no previous
- Must have no present obligation with Lanco FCU that is delinquent more than one
- Must pass background checks and qualify for bonding.
- Must have no felony convictions or pending felony
- Must sign a confidentiality agreement if selected.
Lanco FCU does not currently have any open positions on the Board of Directors or Supervisory Committee. Should you wish to be considered for future volunteer openings, check back for advertised positions or contact us for more information about volunteer positions and how to apply.