Your Lanco FCU Visa Protects You from Fraud
Falcon 24/7 Fraud Monitoring
Transactions that occur on your Lanco FCU Platinum Visa are monitored by Falcon, a fraud monitoring service, free of charge. Falcon assesses a risk score for each transaction you make by comparing your purchasing patterns to trends of check and credit card fraud. If a transaction scores high in risk, it will be denied and a Falcon representative will contact you. Although Falcon provides protection against potential fraud, it is important that you also continue to monitor your transactions.
Visa’s Zero Liability Policy
Feel safe knowing that your Lanco FCU Platinum Visa is backed by Visa’s Zero Liability policy which guarantees that you will never have to pay for any fraudulent charges on your account.*
Tips for Preventing Credit Card Fraud
- Activate and sign your card as soon as you receive it.
- Never let anyone else use your card. You are the only person who is authorized to use your card.
- Never give out your CID number (the 3-digit number on the back of your card) to anyone you don’t trust. (This number is used for phone, online, or mailed transactions to verify that you have the card in your possession.)
- Keep your card in a secure place. Never leave your wallet or purse unattended.
- Review each item on your statement and report any fraudulent charges immediately.
- Use eZCardInfo.com to access your transaction history more frequently rather than waiting for your monthly statement.
- If you are shopping online, only shop at places you can trust. Look for websites that have extra security features. Use only your personal computer to make online purchases.
- Your Lanco FCU Platinum Visa is automatically covered by Verified by Visa, giving you greater protection when you shop online.
- Watch cashiers when you make a purchase. Verify that you received your card back and not a different one. Make sure they swipe your card on one machine only.
- If you must do a PIN transaction, shield the keypad when entering your PIN.
- Always shred your statements before throwing them away.
- Keep a record of all credit card numbers, expiration dates, and the issuer’s phone numbers in a secure place in case your purse or wallet is stolen.
*Does not apply to ATM transactions, PIN transactions not processed by Visa, or certain commercial card transactions. Individual provisional credit amounts are provided on a provisional basis and may be withheld, delayed, limited, or rescinded by your issuer based on factors such as gross negligence or fraud, delay in reporting unauthorized use, investigation and verification of claim and account standing and history. You must notify your financial institution immediately of any unauthorized use. Transaction at issue must be posted to your account before provisional credit may be issued. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please consult your issuer.